This is a simple and very tasty recipe, perfect after a long day at work. It’s Created by our very own Sr. Art Director, who in his spare time happens to be writing a cookbook featuring recipes of the most authentic Italian dishes.
Risotto with asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and fontina cheese.
1 white onion
Carnaroli rice (80 grams per person)
Preparation time: approximately 20 minutes
- Boil water in a tall cooking pot with a bit of celery, a white onion and a carrot. When the water is boiled, add a little sea salt. This will become the broth in which we will cook the rice later. It’s very important to always leave the broth boiling when cooking risotto.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a non-stick frying pan. When the oil is hot enough add the cooked rice (about 80 grams per person).
It is better to use Carnaroli rice, because it’ s perfect for this type of recipe and has a preparation time of about 14/15 minutes cooking.
- Toast the rice slightly for less than a couple of minutes and continue turning it so it won’t burn.
After about a minute and a half, add a bit of stock to cover the rice using a ladle and continue to stir it. The risotto should continuously be checked, so it doesn’t get burned or overcooked.
- After about 3 minutes of cooking, add chopped asparagus to the risotto (it’s better to remove the end of the stem because it’s very tough and not very tasty). We use the baby asparagus, because this kind of asparagus has a very short cooking time.
- Continue to turn the risotto and when the broth evaporates, add more and repeat this process until the risotto is completely cooked.
- When the rice is almost cooked add the chopped dried tomatoes (make sure these are washed properly, removing the salt and oil) to it and taste the risotto. Add salt according to your taste. Remember that the stock and the tomatoes are already salty so do not add too much salt to the risotto.
- When the risotto is ready remove it from the stove and add the flakes of fontina cheese (the smaller the flakes, the easier it melts).
- If you want you can also add a bit of pepper.